If you want to know how to donate a car in Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN, you may be happy to know the process is easy and painless. This article outlines the process and answers questions about tax-deductible donations and how to prepare to hand your car over to the 501(c)(3).
Even if your car, truck or van is not running, Auto Technical will take care of everything—from picking up your vehicle to doing all the paperwork and handling the title transfer with the DMV. All you have to do is call Richard at 612-919-5526; tell him whether you’re in St. Paul, Minneapolis or the suburbs of the Twin Cities. You can even donate your car from various cities across Minnesota and Wisconsin. Towing is free; we will send a trailer to haul your vehicle and you don’t have to lift a finger. All you have to do is sign the paperwork and your donation is complete.
How to Donate a Car in Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN
- Select a charity that accepts cars lawfully as donations. Auto Technical is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that legally accepts vehicle donations.
- Receive the fair market value of your car from Auto Technical. We refurbish all vehicles so you will receive a higher tax valuation than if you were to donate your vehicle to other organizations.
- Get your tax receipt and donor’s bill of sale from the charity. Because Auto Technical has a dealer license, we are required to report change of ownership to the DMV.
- Let your insurance company know that you no longer need to insure your vehicle.
- Keep your tax receipt in a safe place. The 1098-C (charity affidavit of value), and IRS Form 8282 and 8283 (are for donated cars and vehicles with a value above $5,000) Auto Technical will fill out all the forms for your tax donation.